Dealing with the mysql server from my company I learnt several stuff. I’m not a DBA nor developer, but I have done some administration, because we don’t have yet a DBA, and the load on the database was pretty high, so I’ve done some profiling on our application. Doing all that, I found several interesting blog, sites and tools:
- Useful MySQL Stuff wich has monitoring and system performance analysis tools to now how to install mysql
- Hack MySQL has 3 tools, mysqlreport, mysqlsla, mysqlidxchk, they are pretty interesting for profiling, and reverse engineering the schema of databases
- Maatkit is a collection of really powerful mysql operation tools (faster backup / restore, replication test and control, privileges management …) Impressive tools for operations !
- MySQLTuner is a tunning script which analyzes System and internal MySQL settings.
- Optim MySQL is a site which discusses different internal MySQL parameters for tunning
- The really famous MySQL Performance Blog which is of a really high technical level !
I hope you will enjoy theses links and if you know of other tools, drop me a comment, it interests me !